Invasive biosecurity matter surveillance program
A surveillance program for invasive biosecurity matter has been authorised for the next 5 years from 2021 to 2026 under the Biosecurity Act 2014.
The biosecurity matter to which the program relates is all Invasive Biosecurity Matter as defined in section 48(1) of the Act, other than the prohibited matter (Striga asiatica) and the restricted matter (Miconia calvescens, Miconia nervosa, Miconia racemosa, Mikania micrantha and Limnocharis flava).
Purpose and scope
The purpose of the program is to allow entry by authorised officers of the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries to places in Queensland to undertake activities to:
- confirm the presence, and to find out the extent of the presence in Queensland, of the prohibited matter or restricted matter to which the program relates
- confirm the absence in Queensland, of the prohibited matter to which the program relates
- monitor the effects of measures taken in response to a biosecurity risk posed by the invasive biosecurity matter
- monitor compliance with requirements about prohibited matter or restricted matter.
Commencement and duration
The program starts 5 July 2021 and will continue until 30 June 2026.
Access to biosecurity program
A copy of the authorisation document of the surveillance program for invasive biosecurity matter is available for inspection at all Department of Agriculture and Fisheries offices.
A free copy can be provided on request by contacting our Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23.
- Last reviewed: 21 Jun 2023
- Last updated: 23 Jun 2023