Register of persons registered to use animals for scientific purposes
This register lists details of each person registered to use animals for scientific purposes.
The register states:
- registered person's name, address and registered number
- animal ethics committee to be used and its terms of reference
- if the person is not an individual, the office holder to whom the chairperson of the animal ethics committee must report
- date of expiry of current registration
- other information considered appropriate.
A registered person or applicant for registration may apply to be exempted from disclosure of their registration details in the register, on the basis that they are likely to be disadvantaged by this disclosure.
Exemption from disclosing a person's name can only be given if the person is an individual and not a corporation or learning institution.
The public can inspect and obtain extracts from the register without charge. The register is available by appointment during office hours.
41 George Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
Contact us on 13 25 23 to make an appointment to inspect the register.
Otherwise, a copy of the register or part of it is available for a fee. Complete the application form for issuing the public register to obtain a copy.
Privacy and confidentiality of personal details
Details provided to the department about the use of animals for scientific purposes are covered by the Information Privacy Act 2009 and the Right to Information Act 2009, which regulate how information is held and released by the government.
- Full details on the privacy and confidentiality of records and reports collected as part of using animals in science.
- More information and links to the legislation regarding the collection, storage, use and disclosure of information held by the government may be obtained from the Queensland Government's right to information website.
- Last reviewed: 21 Dec 2022
- Last updated: 21 Dec 2022