Using animals in science
Find out about using animals for scientific purposes, the role of the animal ethics committee (AEC) and activities requiring approval from the AEC.
- Using dead animals for scientific purposes
- Animal observation activities
- Microchipping, pit tagging or tracking injured wildlife using collars for release back into the wild
- Routine husbandry procedures
- Agricultural extension work practices and training of veterinary science, veterinary nursing and animal technology students
- Displaying and demonstrating animals
- Last reviewed: 24 Jun 2016
- Last updated: 24 Jun 2016
I want to...
Take action now – prevent African swine fever.
Receive alerts about biosecurity issues that are important to you, as soon as they happen.
Learn more about drought relief programs available to your business.