What is the Prequalification (PQC) System?
The Prequalification (PQC) System is Queensland's whole-of-government register of prequalified building consultants and contractors.
The register helps government departments select building industry service providers above certain thresholds.
The PQC System:
- streamlines the tendering process
- reduces tendering costs for the client and consultant or contractor
- matches consultant and contractor capabilities with the service required
- reinforces security of payment on government building projects.
Who needs to prequalify
All building contractors who are directly contracted on government building projects must apply for prequalification if a project is valued at more than $1 million.
Key trade or specialist contractors can be registered in the PQC System and must apply for prequalification if work exceeds $1 million.
All building consultants who are directly commissioned on government building projects must apply for prequalification if the commission fee either:
- exceeds $60,000
- is less than $60,000 and the commission's service risk rating is 3 or 4.
If you don't meet prequalification requirements
If you don't meet the PQC requirements but would like an opportunity to compete for minor works or service maintenance contracts, you can register your details with QBuild.
- Last reviewed: 12 Jul 2019
- Last updated: 12 Jul 2019