Applying for building consultant prequalification
Minimum requirements for prequalification
You must meet all these criteria to apply for prequalification for Queensland Government building commissions valued at more than $60,000 or commissions that have been determined as high risk (at any value):
- You must have an ABN that is registered for GST.
- You must hold professional indemnity insurance with a minimum insured amount of $1 million per claim.
- You must hold public liability insurance with a minimum insured amount of $5 million per claim.
- You or any employee must hold appropriate licenses or qualifications through the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC), Board of Professional Engineers Queensland (BPEQ), etc. to provide the services in your area of practice in Queensland.
Information to provide
Make sure you have this information before you start applying:
- ABN (registered for GST) and ACN (where applicable)
- average turnover for the previous 2 financial years
- licence or qualification details (e.g. QBCC, BPEQ, Board of Architects of Queensland)
- insurance certificates (e.g. WorkCover, professional indemnity, public liability)
- management system certificates if applicable—refer to section 3.7 and 3.8 of the Consultant Prequalification (PQC) System application guide (PDF, 157KB) for certification requirements
- details of projects (government and private sector) completed in the previous 3 years with referee details.
How to apply
There is no fee to apply for prequalification.
To apply, complete these forms:
- Applicant details—form 1 (PDF, 182KB)
- Self-assessment—form 2 (PDF, 189KB)
- Office details—form 3 (PDF, 701KB).
See the Consultant PQC application guide (PDF, 157KB) for help completing the forms.
Submit the forms to us by:
- email: PQCRegistrar@hpw.qld.gov.au
- PQC Registrar
Department of Housing and Public Works
GPO Box 2457
BRISBANE QLD 4001.
What happens next
Allow 4–6 weeks for us to process your application.
We will send you an email with your PQC certificate of registration and schedule. The schedule outlines your registration status, including PQC level, project types and geographical areas of operation.
Upgrading your registration status
You may upgrade your PQC level or change the services you're prequalified for at any time. However, you may have to give the PQC Registrar additional information to do this.
Contact us to discuss this further.
Being removed from the register
We may remove a building industry consultant from the PQC register or downgrade them at any time if they can't satisfy any or all the prequalification criteria, or any other requirement.
Contact us on 1800 072 621 or PQCRegistrar@hpw.qld.gov.au.