Permit applications for plumbing and drainage work

You need a permit before you start any plumbing and drainage permit work (previously called 'compliance assessable work'). You must comply with the permit and its conditions.

All permit work is inspected to ensure it complies with the:

  • relevant plumbing laws
  • terms of the permit
  • plans accompanying the permit application.

This guide explains how to apply for, extend or amend plumbing and drainage permits.


Small business hotline: 1300 654 687

General enquiries: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)