The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Read about the Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) WaterMark Certification Scheme and find out how to check whether the products you are buying or installing are certified for use in Australia.
These guidelines are authorised by section 154 of the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2018.
Relevant plumbing practitioners, Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) investigators, local governments, plumbing inspectors and property owners must consult the published guideline that's relevant to work you're completing.
Guidelines for the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2018
- Requirements for installing temperature control devices (PDF, 169KB)
- Requirements for water meters in new developments (PDF, 300KB)
Guidelines under the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2002
- Visit the QBCC website for these guidelines.
- Last reviewed: 19 Nov 2019
- Last updated: 25 Aug 2020