Electricity sub-metering for buildings
All new multi-unit residential (class 2) and office (class 5) buildings must have an electricity sub-meter installed for:
- each individual unit in a multi-unit residential building
- each storey in an office building (if individual net lettable areas have not been identified at the time of the building development approval).
This allows for each individual tenant or unit owner to be billed for the actual amount of electricity they use.
Electricity sub-metering for buildings is regulated through the Queensland Development Code 4.1—Sustainable buildings.
- Learn more about Electricity sub-metering (PDF, 224KB).
- Last reviewed: 10 Aug 2020
- Last updated: 15 Sep 2020