Support for women in business
The Queensland Government's Advancing Women in Business initiative supports and encourages more women to start and grow their own business, and achieve positions of leadership.
Women in business can access targeted support including programs, grants, events, mentoring and education.
Free mentors to support your business growth
As you grow your business it's easy to feel overwhelmed. Your business may be progressing into new territory or you may be dealing with issues that you haven't experienced before.
Find out how our free Mentoring for Growth program can help with business challenges.
Industry partnerships program
Our industry partnerships program supports projects that:
- engage with women in business across the state to understand their needs
- provide resources, events, networking, development and partnership opportunities to help women-led businesses start, grow and employ
- showcase and share the stories of successful women in business
- create and support networks to connect women in business with peers and mentors
- deliver professional development programs to address skills gaps for women in business.
Each year, the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training works with industry partners to deliver a range of projects and events to help women succeed in business across a range of industries.
Subscribe to our Small Business Connect newsletter and follow Business Queensland on social media to find out about upcoming funding opportunities.
Women in Business Awards
The Women in Business Awards celebrate the extraordinary achievements of women in business. These awards honour our visionaries, innovators, change makers, women of inspiration and young achievers.
The Queensland Government proudly sponsors the Women in Business Awards and Summit as part of its Advancing Women in Business initiative to support and encourage women to start and grow their own businesses, and achieve positions of leadership.
If you know a woman in business who deserves recognition, show your support by nominating her for an award.
To nominate, visit Women in Business Awards of Australia.
- Find more information on small business grants.
- Register for free business mentoring through the Mentoring for Growth program.
- Learn about mentoring women in business.
- View the 100 Faces of Small Business digital gallery.
- Find business events, webinars and workshops in your area.
- Visit the Queensland Government's Office for Women for more dedicated services and support programs for women.
- Read about support and associations for women in rural industries.
- Last reviewed: 14 Jun 2019
- Last updated: 14 Jun 2019