Small Business Recovery Grants Program
The Small Business Recovery Grants Program provides assistance to small businesses severely impacted by Tropical Cyclone Debbie (TC Debbie) to engage high-level expertise to help them recover and rebuild business confidence.
Funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses to engage business consultants, mentors, coaches or an advisory service to assist with business recovery following TC Debbie.
The purpose is to provide severely impacted small businesses with access to high-level expertise and advice to rebuild business confidence and increase resilience for the future.
A single grant payment will be made directly to the business and is to be used for business plan development, retraining, mentoring, financial counselling and/or exploring options for business sustainability.
To be eligible the business must:
- be located in regions approved to receive Category C Special Disaster Assistance (Clean-up and Recovery Grants) for Small Business (PDF, 1.9MB) under the Commonwealth/State Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA)
- have a minimum trading history of 2 years
- have fewer than 20 employees on 27 March 2017
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- not have an owner or director who is an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
Only 1 application will be accepted from an individual ABN or business address. Applicants approved under previous rounds of the Small Business Recovery Grants program cannot reapply for funding under this program.
Grant recipients will be required to submit receipts to demonstrate how grant funding was used no more than 3 months after an application has been approved.
Round 2 closed at 5pm on 18 September 2017.
Who should apply
These grants are available to established small businesses severely impacted by TC Debbie in regions where Category C Special Disaster Assistance (Clean-up and Recovery Grants) for Small Business has been activated under the Commonwealth/State NDRRA. A list of eligible regions is available from the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA).
Applicants must provide details of how TC Debbie severely affected their capacity to operate and retain staff.
How to apply
Round 2 has now closed and we are not accepting applications.
How you will be assessed
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, applications will be prioritised on:
- loss of trading capacity and income as a result of TC Debbie, including impact on jobs
- the extent to which grant funding will assist small businesses to engage support services to help with recovery and rebuilding business confidence.
For further information about the program and application process, refer to the application guidelines or phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
- Last reviewed: 18 Sep 2017
- Last updated: 18 Sep 2017