Cyclone Debbie Small Business Recovery Package
The Queensland Government has committed $4 million for a Small Business Recovery Package as part of the Operation Queensland Recovery: State Recovery Plan 2017-19 to assist impacted small businesses recover from Tropical Cyclone Debbie and related severe weather. The package includes $1.5 million for small business grants, $2 million for the ongoing Go Local campaign and $550,000 for dedicated workshops and mentoring services, including counselling support.
The package is designed to help small business owners and operators impacted by Tropical Cyclone Debbie get back on their feet faster by supporting the development of new business plans, access to advice and support services and the exploration of new opportunities to improve business resilience.
The Small Business Recovery Package complements the immediate clean-up and reinstatement activities undertaken with the support of activated joint Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) relief measures.
- Find out more information on DRFA financial support for small businesses affected by natural disasters.
- Read about other grants and business support programs.
- Learn about the Mentoring for Growth program.
- Last reviewed: 05 Jan 2018
- Last updated: 08 Feb 2019