Queensland natural disaster assistance
Available disaster relief
Southern Queensland severe weather (20–31 March 2021)
- Read about recovery assistance (grants, loans and freight subsidies) available to support primary producers in the Southern Downs and Goondiwindi local government areas.
Tropical Cyclone Niran (25 February–3 March 2021)
- Read about recovery assistance (grants, loans and freight subsidies) available to support primary producers in North Queensland.
- Learn about land rent deferrals for eligible primary producers on leased state land in Cairns, Cassowary Coast, Hinchinbrook, Mareeba and Tablelands local government areas.
North and Far North Queensland floods (25 January–14 February 2019)
Visit the Small business disaster hub to find resources to help your business prepare, respond and recover from disasters and help you to get back to business sooner.
- Find a list of current disaster assistance on the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority website or phone 1800 623 946.
- Learn how we can help with your tax and royalty obligations after a natural disaster
- Find out about dealing with disasters from the Australian Taxation Office
- Learn about disaster support and assistance for tourism businesses
- Find financial counselling including the Rural Financial Counselling Service for small businesses in Southern Queensland, (phone 1300 732 777) or North Queensland (phone (07) 4652 5669).
- Recognise scams and dodgy traders relating to natural disasters.
Phone 1300 731 988 for the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland's Employer Assistance Line for:
- advice and support if your business has been forced to close or reduce operations
- industrial relations advice on managing staff and meeting Fair Work Act 2009 obligations.
Small Business Recovery Centre
The Small Business Recovery Centre, based in Townsville, can link you with support and mentoring services, and provide advice on financial assistance, insurance and other business matters.
To make an appointment:
- phone 0459 873 781
- email email@example.com.
- Find financial assistance for primary producers, including freight subsidies and leasehold rent relief or phone 13 25 23.
- Find out what primary producers should do after a natural disaster and learn more about rural disaster recovery.
- Learn about funding grants and assistance for agricultural industries.
Mental health and wellbeing support
- Find mental health and wellbeing resources for businesses.
- Contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 for phone and online counselling and support.
- Learn about personal and mental health support during and after a disaster.
- Visit the Community Recovery Grants portal to find personal and family assistance and support or phone 1800 173 349.
- Find out about general Queensland Government emergency hardship and other assistance grants if you've been affected by a natural disaster.
- Download the Self Recovery App.
- Search the Australian Government's GrantConnect or Grants and programs tool for grants and assistance.
- Last reviewed: 18 May 2021
- Last updated: 19 Jul 2021