Queensland natural disaster assistance
Tropical Cyclone Debbie and associated severe weather assistance
Small business support
Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) Category C assistance for small businesses has been activated for the following local government area:
- Whitsunday Regional Council.
Affected small businesses can apply for an Exceptional Circumstances Grant of up $25,000 to assist with cleaning and reinstatement costs.
NDRRA Category B assistance for small businesses has been activated for the following local government areas:
- City of Gold Coast
- Isaac Regional Council
- Livingstone Shire Council
- Logan City Council
- Mackay Regional Council
- Rockhampton Regional Council
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Whitsunday Regional Council.
This assistance includes:
- Natural Disaster Assistance (Concessional Loans) of up to $250,000
- Essential Working Capital Loans Scheme of up to $100,000.
Primary producer support
NDRRA Category B and Category C assistance for primary producers has been activated in affected local government areas.
Individual and family support
Individuals and families in eligible areas can apply for financial support to assist with disaster recovery. Find out more via the Self Recovery App or phone the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349.
The Queensland Building and Construction Commission has set up a Building and Tradie Assistance Register to help affected individuals find licensed tradies in their area to assist with making homes and buildings secure, safe and habitable.
If you are a small business owner or primary producer who has been affected by a natural disaster in Queensland, there may be financial assistance available, as well as a range of support services to help you recover.
Visit QRAA or phone 1800 623 946 to find out if you are eligible for disaster assistance.
For disaster recovery information, see:
- what your business should do after a natural disaster
- how to rebuild your business after a natural disaster
- how a recovery plan can help get your business running again
- how we can help with your tax obligations
- disaster support and assistance for tourism businesses.
Phone the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland's Employer Assistance Line on 1300 731 988 for:
- advice and support if your business has been forced to close or reduce operations
- industrial relations advice on managing your staff appropriately and meeting your obligations under the Fair Work Act 2009.
Primary producers in affected areas can apply for freight subsidies of up to $5000. Phone 13 25 23 to find out if you are eligible.
Leasehold rent relief
Landholders can apply to have their next leasehold rental payment deferred. Find out more about deferring your rent or instalment.
Support services for primary producers
If your farm has been affected by a natural disaster, find out:
- what primary producers should do after a natural disaster
- about disaster recovery for livestock farms, including animal welfare
- about disaster recovery for crop farming
- about freight subsidies and the provision of fodder and fodder drops
- how to prepare for winter crops following floods
- about clearing vegetation from land and watercourses
- how to repair and restore your property
- about Temporary approval to pollute and move pigs to emergency housing (PDF, 56KB) for intensive piggeries
- more information on rural disaster recovery.
- Last reviewed: 18 Nov 2016
- Last updated: 18 Apr 2017
I want to...
- Lean for Everyone workshop: Mount Isa 24/04/2017
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 26/04/2017