The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Queensland natural disaster assistance
Current disaster relief
Queensland bushfires (September–December 2019)
Find support and information for the 2019 Queensland bushfires, including events in:
- southern Queensland (September 2019)
- eastern Queensland (October–December 2019).
North and Far North Queensland floods (25 January–14 February 2019)
Disaster recovery information and advice
- What your business should do after a natural disaster
- How to rebuild your business after a natural disaster
- How a recovery plan can help get your business running again
- How we can help with your tax obligations
- Disaster support and assistance for tourism businesses
Phone 1300 731 988 for the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland's Employer Assistance Line for:
- advice and support if your business has been forced to close or reduce operations
- industrial relations advice on managing staff and meeting Fair Work Act 2009 obligations.
Go Local, Grow Local
Download Go Local, Grow Local tools for your small business to promote products or services and encourage Queenslanders to spend their money locally.
Find information on financial assistance for primary producers, including freight subsidies and leasehold rent relief on the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries website or phone 13 25 23.
Find out what primary producers should do after a natural disaster and learn more about rural disaster recovery.
- Find a list of current disaster assistance on the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority website or phone 1800 623 946.
- Learn about personal and mental health support during and after a disaster.
- Visit the Community Recovery Grants portal to find personal and family assistance and support or phone 1800 173 349.
- Download the Self Recovery App.
- Contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 for phone and online counselling and support.
- Read advice on how to recognise scams and dodgy traders relating to natural disasters.
- Last reviewed: 1 Jun 2020
- Last updated: 11 Nov 2019
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/10/2020
- Mentoring for Growth day - Logan 29/10/2020