State legislation regarding private employment agents, trading hours, public holidays and child employment continues to apply to all businesses and employees in Queensland.
As an employer it is important you understand the laws and regulations that cover employment of children.
- protect school-aged children from performing work that may be harmful to their health and safety, or that compromises their mental, moral or social development
- limit the hours of work for school-aged children to ensure that their studies aren't adversely affected by employment.
The laws are complemented by a code of practice with advice for employers of young workers.
The laws provide separate rights and obligations for employment within:
- the entertainment industry
- industries other than the entertainment industry.
This guide provides an overview of the laws relating to child employment and obligations that employers and parents must meet.
I want to...
- Lean for Everyone workshop: Mount Isa 24/04/2017
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 26/04/2017