Managing customer complaints
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Business information, advice and assistance
- Read the Office of Fair Trading's information, advice and assistance for business owners, operators and licensees about issues that may arise during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- View the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's (ACCC) latest information on the rights and obligations of businesses in response to events caused by COVID-19.
- Read the ACCCs advice and guidance to consumers on their rights in relation to cancellations and changes caused by COVID-19 restrictions.
Well-managed complaints can benefit your business. Good business owners learn to see complaints as an opportunity to build strong, lasting relationships with customers and improve their customer service. Customer complaints give businesses valuable information about how they need to improve.
The impact a complaint has on your business is largely determined by you.
If complaints are handled poorly, customers may withdraw their business and encourage others to do the same.
Complaints that are handled well may help you retain existing customers and could result in new customers being referred to your business.
This guide explains how businesses can turn a complaint into a compliment by developing and implementing a policy for handling customer complaints, and welcoming customer feedback.
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/04/2021
- Payroll tax: Contractor provisions 29/04/2021