If you or your business is in the security industry, you must be registered and licensed to work in Queensland. Operating in the security industry without a licence attracts severe penalties.
Several types of licences are available. If you have a licence obtained interstate or in New Zealand, you can apply for mutual recognition of your licence.
If you operate as a security provider, you must observe several laws and regulations that cover areas such as:
- revalidation training
- how to respond to requests from the Office of Fair Trading
- keeping appropriate records of security providers and crowd controllers employed or engaged
- identification requirements
- restrictions on carrying weapons.
- Last reviewed: 19 Jul 2017
- Last updated: 20 Jul 2017