Queensland Kindergarten Funding subsidies
Services eligible for Queensland Kindergarten Funding qualify for a base subsidy. Additional subsidies may be available depending on your circumstances. These subsidies must be passed on to families
Eligible services receive a base subsidy for every child enrolled in an approved 600-hour kindergarten program.
Kindergarten services receive up to $3,730 per eligible child per year.
Long day care services receive up to $1,874 per eligible child per year.
This subsidy helps services to improve their inclusive practices so that children of all identities and abilities are welcome at kindy.
There are 2 affordability subsidies: Kindy plus and Kindy Family Tax Benefit.
The Kindy plus subsidy is for families of children who meet 1 or more specific criteria.
Families that are eligible for the Australian Government's Family Tax Benefit Part A or Part B in the financial year prior to enrolment can receive the Kindy Family Tax Benefit subsidy.
Targeted subsidies are also available to services:
- service location subsidy – targets teacher attraction and retention in outer regional, remote and very remote areas
- educational need grant – or Kindy uplift – to improve educational outcomes for each child.
- Find contact details that can help you access information about child care in Queensland, including helpful websites, email addresses and hotlines.
- Learn more about approved kindergarten programs in Queensland.
- Read about the legal requirements for child care providers.
- Find out more about scholarships and grants for the child care and education industry.
- Last reviewed: 23 Dec 2020
- Last updated: 1 Feb 2023
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 03/04/2023
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 04/04/2023