Support for approved kindergarten program providers
There are a number of services available to support you in delivering an approved kindergarten program in Queensland.
Queensland Kindergarten Funding can help you cover the cost of implementing and delivering an approved kindergarten program. Read more about the eligibility criteria and how to apply.
You may also qualify for scholarships or grants from Queensland Government.
Guidelines and advice
The Queensland kindergarten learning guideline (QKLG) gives advice on how to deliver a learning program that meets national and state quality standards and regulations.
The Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority has developed professional development modules and resources to help you implement the guidelines of the QKLG.
You can also visit the professional development and support and childcare contacts pages for helpful websites, email addresses and hotlines.
Approved kindergarten program providers who receive Queensland Kindergarten Funding can use branded promotional materials to market their service and encourage enrolments.
The 'kindy tick'
The 'kindy identifier' (known as the 'kindy tick'):
- acknowledges your status as an approved provider
- helps parents recognise approved kindergarten programs
- helps you promote your kindergarten program and encourage enrolments.
You'll receive a pack with electronic versions of the kindy tick and a style guide when you become an approved provider.
- Download the Funded Kindergarten Program Statement of Fees template (DOCX, 608KB) to display and publish your fee structure.
- Find out if you are eligible for Queensland Kindergarten Funding.
- Read about the legal requirements for child care providers in Queensland.
- Find out more about scholarships and grants for the child care and education industry.
- Last reviewed: 28 Jun 2018
- Last updated: 1 Feb 2023
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 06/06/2023
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 07/06/2023