Create a biodiscovery plan
The Biodiscovery Act 2004 requires you to have a biodiscovery plan before you can obtain a biodiscovery collection authority and enter into a benefit sharing agreement.
What to include in a biodiscovery plan
Your biodiscovery plan should include:
- a description of your biodiscovery business
- commercialisation activities you propose to carry out
- proposed timetable for carrying out the activities
- where the activities will be carried out
- types of activities you propose engaging someone else to carry out
- expected benefits of biodiscovery to the state.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help developing a biodiscovery plan or to organise a pre-application meeting.
Biodiscovery plan guidelines and template
The best way to ensure you include all the required elements of a biodiscovery plan is to use the biodiscovery plan template.
This template will provide key areas to address when applying for both a biodiscovery collection authority and entering into a benefit sharing agreement.
It is useful to review the guidelines for preparing a biodiscovery plan before using the biodiscovery plan template.