Resources Safety and Health performance accountability framework
The Resources Safety and Health performance accountability framework (PDF, 337KB) aims to improve the accountability and transparency of how we operate through the public reporting of our performance.
The framework sets out 6 outcomes-based key performance indicators that cover:
- reducing the regulatory burden
- risk-based and proportionate approaches
- continuous improvement.
The framework has been adapted from the Australian Government's Regulator performance framework to reflect Queensland's regulatory environment.
The Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy will self-assess the performance of Resources Safety and Health once every 12 months, using information obtained through stakeholder consultation. Self-assessment reports will be published in the first half of the following financial year.
Read the following self-assessment reports:
- Resources Safety and Health self-assessment report 2018-19 (PDF, 281KB)
- Resources Safety and Health self-assessment report 2017-18 (PDF, 556KB).
- Mines Inspectorate self-assessment supplementary report 2017-18 (PDF, 1.1MB).
- Explosives Inspectorate self-assessment supplementary report 2017-18 (PDF, 1.1MB).
- Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate supplementary report 2017-18 (PDF, 1.1MB).
Memorandum of understanding
The Department of Natural Resources and Mines has a memorandum of understanding with the Office of Industrial Relations (PDF, 3.4MB) that clarifies the jurisdictions of the agencies and explains how they cooperate.