Mining legislation, standards and guidelines
- senior site executive
- opencut examiner
- ventilation officer
- explosion risk zone (ERZ) controller
- electrical engineering manager
- mechanical engineering manager
- underground mine manager.
As a mining or quarry operator in Queensland, you must comply with mine safety and health legislation, including:
- Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act 1999 and the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Regulation 2017
- Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999 and the Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulation 2017.
Other laws may impact on safety and health for specific activities, including the Explosives Act 1999 and the Radiation Safety Act 1999.
This guide provides an overview of the legislation, standards and guidelines that relate to health and safety requirements for mining and quarrying operations in Queensland. It also provides an overview of bodies and individuals, such as the Mines Inspectorate, Board of Examiners and Commissioner for Mine Resources Safety and Health, that are also part of the mining safety and health framework.
- Last reviewed: 8 Nov 2022
- Last updated: 22 Nov 2022