Report an incident
You must notify an inspector of mines if a serious accident or high-potential incident occurs at your site.
For information on reporting requirements for metalliferous mines and quarries, read QGN6: Guidance to metalliferous mines and quarries in reporting serious accidents and high-potential incidents (PDF, 293KB).
You must immediately notify an inspector of mines in the case of:
- an accident causing death
- an accident causing admission to hospital for a bodily injury endangering or likely to endanger life
- a high-potential incident of a type prescribed by regulation.
Online incident forms
You must submit an incident form following your verbal notification and whenever an incident is confirmed as a lost time/disabling incident, disease or high-potential incident. You must also submit a monthly summary report at the end of each calendar month.
The Queensland mining industry reporting manual (PDF, 964KB) has instructions to help you complete the online incident forms.
- Last reviewed: 17 Sep 2018
- Last updated: 17 Apr 2019