Safety and health requirements for quarry workers
Quarry workers are subject to a number of potential health hazards in their normal daily work. To ensure the safety and health of your team, your business should:
- meet the requirements of legislation and standards
- comply with audits and inspections
- participate in safety and health education programs.
Licensing requirements and security plans help to ensure the safety of people working with explosives. Make sure you and your team:
- hold the appropriate explosives licences and permits
- are kept up to date about changes to procedures
- have a security plan to cover all the activities associated with your licence.
- Last reviewed: 7 Jun 2016
- Last updated: 7 Jun 2016