Take our survey to help us provide the best possible support to your small business during COVID-19 and beyond.
Regulatory framework for CSG-LNG industry
Queensland has established a comprehensive governance framework to oversee the development of the state's coal seam gas (CSG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG) industry.
The Queensland Parliament has implemented laws to protect landholders, communities and the environment while facilitating the establishment of a sustainable CSG-LNG industry. These laws:
- require thorough assessment of proposed projects
- protect the Great Artesian Basin, local water supplies and areas of regional interest
- provide fair conditions and compensation for landholders
- ensure the CSG-LNG industry is safe and sustainable
- establish a strict compliance and enforcement regime.
The CSG-LNG industry is also required to support local businesses, upskill workers and invest in physical and social infrastructure such as roads housing and community services.
This guide gives an overview of Queensland's regulatory framework for the CSG-LNG industry.