Lodging production and sales returns
All mines must submit statistics on their production and sales to the government. This page explains what you'll need to provide, and how to submit your returns.
Lodging your return
Use the guides and forms below to compile your return. Send all returns by the due dates below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need help completing your returns, email email@example.com or phone +61 7 3199 7915.
You must complete and lodge your statistical return form before 30 September each year.
Please note: This year the department is collecting Queensland Annual Mineral Production and Statistical Survey 2020–21 via an Excel form.
A mining operation may comprise one or more ML and/or MDL that constitutes a distinct mine. You are requested to submit a separate return for each mining operation held by the Authorised Holder during the financial year 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021.
- Explanatory notes: How to complete the Queensland mining statistical survey (PDF, 332KB)
- Queensland annual statistical return 2020–21 (XLSM, 223KB). Also available in PDF format (PDF, 275KB) and Microsoft Word format (DOCX, 74KB).
You must submit quarterly production and sales returns from the time the mine employs staff for:
- coal production or pre-stripping of overburden
- development before the mine begins producing coal.
The due dates for submitting your returns are shown in the table below.
- Practice direction – Submission of statistical data relating to coal production and sales (PDF, 346KB)
- Quarterly coal return – production, export and domestic sales forms (XLS, 228KB)
Due dates for quarterly coal production and sales returns
|Calendar year quarter||Quarterly period||Date due*|
|Q1||1 Jan - 31 Mar||21 Apr|
|Q2||1 Apr - 30 Jun||21 Jul|
|Q3||1 Jul - 30 Sep||21 Oct|
|Q4||1 Oct - 31 Dec||21 Jan|
*When this date falls on a weekend or public holiday, you must submit your return by the next available business day.
- Last reviewed: 5 Aug 2021
- Last updated: 6 Aug 2021