MinesOnlineMaps makes it easy to identify resource opportunities across the state by letting you view, query, analyse, extract and print spatial information about the mining and resources industry.
Access is free and no registration is required.
For information about other ways to access mines spatial data, see our guide to mining and resources maps and spatial data.
Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome users
MinesOnlineMaps—desktop version may not work in the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. If you have trouble in these browsers, use Internet Explorer or the mobile version to access MinesOnlineMaps. Read the MinesOnlineMaps user guide (PDF, 2.6MB) for help accessing it on different platforms.
- geological and geophysical data
- information on exploration and production authorities
- information on geographic constraints and barriers
- native title information
- links to company exploration reports
- access to data from QSpatial
- access to web map services.
Download the MinesOnlineMaps user guide (PDF, 2.6MB).
Help is also available in the system. Click I want to… and select Get help.
Technical support and feedback
Mon–Fri 8.30am–4.30pm AEST (except public holidays)
Phone: +61 7 3199 8133
- Connect to web map services:
- Find maps of environmentally sensitive areas on the Department of Environment and Science website.
- Search the list of restricted areas to check that the land is available for exploration and production.
- Last reviewed: 21 Jun 2018
- Last updated: 03 Aug 2018