State Indigenous land use agreements

There are no current State Indigenous Land Use Agreements (ILUA) to which a new resource authority can opt into. The information below is for those authorised holders with resource authorities that are still subject to a State ILUA.

About state agreements

A state Indigenous land use agreement (agreement) is an agreement that has been negotiated between the State, mining representative bodies, land councils and traditional land owners. It contains previously negotiated conditions that address native title requirements.

These agreements were made for small-scale mining ventures, such as alluvial gold and tin miners, opal and gemstone miners. Only applications made under the Mineral Resource Act 1989 were eligible, and only to those targeting minerals, not coal.

A state agreement is registered with the National Native Title Tribunal (NNTT), and binds the resource authority holder, the native title party and the Queensland Government to the conditions within the agreement.

Expired state agreements

Registered state agreements which only allow the renewal of resources authorities which were opted into at grant prior to expiry of the agreement:

Also consider...