Section 29 notices for native title
Under section 29 of the Native Title Act 1993, the notification process is triggered when addressing native title rights and interests through the expedited procedure and right-to-negotiate process. Common examples of the types of resource authorities notified are proposed:
- grants of mining leases and claims
- grants of exploration permits
- additions of excluded land to exploration permits
- grants of authorities to prospect
- mineral development licences
- resource authority renewals that increase the right to mine
- variations to resource authority conditions that increase the right to mine.
The notification must occur in both:
- a newspaper that circulates throughout the related area
- a relevant special interest publication such the Koori Mail, catering mainly for the interests of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The notices are referred to as section 29 notices. You can find details of the notice requirements in the Native title guideline: Notification and advertising process (PDF, 596KB).
Section 29 notices from the last 6 months
Below is a list of the native title section 29 notices from the last 6 months. If you need to access any notices from before that time, please contact us.
Note: These notices are in PDF format, and may not be fully accessible by assistive readers. Contact us if you require the documents in an alternative format.
- Janet and Leslie Noel Melvin MC 300372 (PDF, 158.9KB)
- Australian Gasfields Limited PL 1115 (PDF, 409.7KB)
- Eureka Petroleum Pty Ltd PL 1034, PL 1038 (PDF, 486.5KB)
- Multiple advertisement EPM 27449, EPM 27735, EPM 27767, EPM 27823, EPM 27831, EPM 27841, EPM 27860, EPM 27882, EPM 27890, EPM 27891, EPM 27894, EPM 27896, EPM 27897, EPM 27898, EPM 27901, EPM 27902, EPM 27903, EPM 27908, EPM 27910 (PDF, 875.5KB)
- Magnesite Queensland Pty Ltd ML 100281 (PDF, 173.6KB)
- Multiple advertisement EPM 14366, EPM 27822, EPM 27867, EPM 27870, EPM 27886, EPM 27887, EPM 27888, EPM 27904 (PDF, 397.8KB)
- Northx Pty Ltd EPM 26637 (PDF, 133.0KB)
- Kalotech Pty Ltd EPM 27866 (PDF, 146.9KB)
- Multiple advertisement EPM 27876, EPM 27877, EPM 27878, EPM 27905 (PDF, 233.7KB)
- Wilson Minerals Pty Limited EPM 27883 (PDF, 147.0KB)
- QMines Limited EPM 27899 (PDF, 160.3KB)
- West Cape Sands Pty Ltd EPM 27900 (PDF, 139.7KB)
- Rio Tinto Exploration Pty Limited EPM 27909 (PDF, 168.1KB)
- Multiple advertisement ML 100262, ML 100270, ML 100271, MC 300338, MC 300341, MC 300352, MC 300347, ML 400014, ML 400015, MC 300355, MC 300349, ML 95620, EPM 27799, ML 400016, MC 300359, MC 300360, MC 300363, ML 100265, EPM 27857, EPM 27830 (PDF, 539.7KB)
- Marubeni Coal Pty. Ltd., Hail Creek Coal Holdings Pty Limited, Sumisho Coal Development Queensland Pty Ltd ML 4738 Shared-Country (PDF, 677.5KB)
- Marubeni Coal Pty. Ltd., Hail Creek Coal Holdings Pty Limited, Sumisho Coal Development Queensland Pty Ltd ML 4738 Widi People of the Nebo Estate #1 (PDF, 176.8KB)
- Marubeni Coal Pty. Ltd., Hail Creek Coal Holdings Pty Limited, Sumisho Coal Development Queensland Pty Ltd ML 4738 Widi People of the Nebo Estate #2 (PDF, 173.4KB)
- XXXX Gold Pty. Ltd. EPM 27824 (PDF, 141.3KB)
- Multiple advertisement EPM 27827, EPM 27829, EPM 27859 (PDF, 192.6KB)
- Multiple advertisement EPM 27832, EPM 27834 (PDF, 168.9KB)
- Aozora UZ Pty Ltd EPM 27848 (PDF, 147.8KB)
- Mt. Dockerell Pty Ltd. EPM 27861 (PDF, 141.9KB)
- Queensland Energy Resources Limited and Beloba Pty Limited MDL 2022 (PDF, 136.9KB)
- Last reviewed: 29 Sep 2021
- Last updated: 29 Sep 2021