COVID-19 alert: Read about changed restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 6pm, Monday 11 January.
Running a tourism business
Information to help your tourism business to be adaptable and resilient including tips and strategies, as well as how to prepare your business for risks.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for Queensland tourism operators
- COVID-19 International Tourism Adaptation Grant of up to $10,000
- Update to waiver and deferral of tourism lease rent payments from 1 October 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Waiving application fees for some variations to liquor licences
- Waiving registration renewal fees for inbound tour operators
- Waiving fees for commercial activity agreements and permits and commercial whale watching
- Fee rebates on marina charges, passenger levies and rents through Ports North
- Waiving Great Barrier Reef Marine Park permit application assessment fees in some instances
- Rental relief package for port businesses across Far North Queensland
- $15 million aviation route support to 15 Queensland airports to secure new domestic flights
- Marine tourism rebate of up to $20,000 for marine tourism vessel operators based in North Queensland.
- Last reviewed: 3 Dec 2020
- Last updated: 3 Dec 2020
I want to...
Find support for commercial tour operators affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) working in Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service-managed areas.