Running a tourism business
Information to help your Queensland tourism business, including marketing tips, staff retention strategies and toolkits.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for Queensland tourism operators
Support, advice and resources for Queensland tourism businesses:
- stage 2 easing of business restrictions from 12 noon, 1 June 2020
- stage 2 Queensland tourism COVID Safe planning resources
- waiving application fees for some variations to liquor licences
- waiving registration renewal fees for inbound tour operators
- waiving of daily fees for commercial activity agreements and permits
- rebate on marina charges and passenger levies (PDF, 227KB) for Cairns and Green Island
- waiver and deferral of tourism lease rent payments
- waiving Great Barrier Reef Marine Park permit application assessment fees in some instances
- a rental relief package for port businesses across Far North Queensland
- a $1 billion COVID-19 relief and recovery fund for exhibiting zoos and aquariums.
- $15 million aviation route support to 15 Queensland airports to secure new domestic flights.
- Last reviewed: 23 Mar 2018
- Last updated: 23 Mar 2018
I want to...
Find support and assistance for commercial tour operators affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) working on Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service-managed