Support and relief for liquor and gaming licensees affected by coronavirus (COVID-19)
Due to the current effects of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Queensland, there is help available for liquor and gaming licensees.
Support includes waiving 2021–22 liquor licencing fees for current licensees as at 30 June 2021.
Waiving and refunding 2021–22 annual licence fees
The Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation will be waiving licence fees for the 2021–22 licence period for operators who were licensed under the Liquor Act 1992 or the Wine Industry Act 1994 as at 30 June 2021.
If you have already paid your licence fees for the 2021–22 period, these will be refunded. Licensees that have not paid are no longer required to pay their fees.
Refunds will be processed based on how you paid your 2021–2022 licence fees.
- If you paid by BPAY, your refund will be processed through the BPAY system.
- If you paid online by credit card, you will be refunded directly to the credit card you used.
- If you paid by credit card over the phone, or by cash or cheque, you will receive your refund via a cheque posted to the address listed on your licence.
We expect to issue all refunds by the end of September 2021.
Application fees associated with changes to trading hours or licensed areas will also be waived between now and 30 June 2022.
Tax relief for pubs and clubs
The Attorney-General and Minister for Justice announced $50 million extra tax relief for Queensland pubs and clubs who are affected by the new measures introduced in response to the COVID-19 health emergency.
This announcement included a 3-month deferral of March 2020 gaming taxes and health services levies. The deferral has been extended to June 2021.
Gaming tax deferrals
The new terms of gaming tax deferrals are stated in the Gaming Tax Notice 2020.
The Commissioner has approved 21 June 2021 as the day on which deferred March 2020 gaming machine taxes will be paid. The Commissioner has also approved that the deferred taxes will be collected in 3 equal instalments on:
- 21 June 2021
- 20 August 2021
- 20 October 2021.
- Learn about takeaway sales for off-premises consumption.
- Use the COVID-19 business assistance finder tool to find other support and assistance.
- Read more COVID-19 advice for liquor and gaming licensees.
- Learn about available COVID-19 support for tourism and hospitality businesses.
- Last reviewed: 10 Aug 2021
- Last updated: 17 Sep 2021
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8622