Forestry industry associations
You can get connected with other businesses in the forestry industry by contacting your industry association. They often arrange events, seminars and networking opportunities where you may be able to find suppliers, make contacts, generate new business and improve your business practice.
Industry organisations can provide you with important information about your industry – in particular, how legislation and policy will affect your business. Importantly, they may also lobby on behalf of your industry to influence government policy.
Contact the following industry associations to find out how they can help you to run your business:
- Australian Forest Products Association (AFPA)
AFPA represents companies, individuals and organisations who are involved in the forest and forest products industry. AFPA merged with the Australian Plantation Products and Paper Industry Council (A3P) and the National Association of Forest Industries (NAFI).
- Forestry Australia
Forestry Australia is the professional association for foresters, private forestry, commercial tree growing and all forestry professionals.
- Australasian Timber Flooring Association (ATFA)
ATFA represents Australia's timber flooring industry.
- Australian Timber Importers Federation (ATIF)
ATIF represents the timber importer and wholesaler sectors of the national timber industry.
- Engineered Wood Products Association of Australasia (EWPAA)
EWPAA represents the engineered wood products industry of Australasia.
- Forest and Wood Products Australia (FWPA)
FWPA is the forestry industry's services provider, investing in research and development (R&D) and delivering research outcomes to the forest and wood products industry in Australia.
- Timber Preservers Association of Australia (TPAA)
TPAA represents Australia's timber preservation industry.
- Timber Queensland (TQ)
TQ is the peak timber industry body in Queensland.
- Learn about agriculture industry associations.
- Use our market research kit to find key economic, demographic and statistical information about your industry.
- Find out about research resources for business and industry.
- Last reviewed: 26 Sep 2019
- Last updated: 2 Feb 2023