COVID-19 alert: Read about changed restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 6pm, Monday 11 January.
Freight subsidies for disaster affected primary producers
Freight subsidies of up to $5,000 per disaster event are available for eligible primary producers*:
- located within a disaster-declared area under Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA)
- who hold a current Individual Disaster Stricken Property (IDSP) declaration.
Freight subsidies may be made available for moving materials such as:
- emergency fodder for livestock to the primary producer's* home property
- building, fencing materials, machinery and equipment
- animals purchased for restocking as a result of the disaster.
*A primary producer is a person who spends the majority of their labour on, and derives the majority of their income from, a primary production enterprise.
To apply for freight subsidies, read the disaster assistance forms and guidelines.
Contact our Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23 for more information.
Freight subsidies under an IDSP declaration
You may be eligible for an IDSP declaration if your property is not in an area activated for DRFA assistance but has suffered significant damage from a natural disaster.
Once you have a declaration you can apply for freight subsidies.
For more information and to apply for an IDSP declaration, see the disaster assistance forms and guidelines.
- Last reviewed: 30 Sep 2016
- Last updated: 7 Nov 2016