South East Queensland severe storms: support for primary producers
Report damage to your farm
Report any damages or losses to your farm through the disaster impact survey.
These reports help determine if you will need extra support during recovery.
You need to include date-stamped photos, which most mobile phone cameras do automatically.
Access financial support
Primary producers in eligible local government areas may be able to access:
- financial support through QRIDA
- freight subsidies of up to $5,000 per property to move essential materials such as fodder, building and fencing materials, machinery, and animals for restocking
- emergency hardship assistance grants.
If you have suffered significant damage but you aren't in the activation area, you can apply for the individual disaster stricken property (IDSP) declaration.
Minimise biosecurity risks
- Meet your general biosecurity obligation to prevent spread of pests and diseases after flooding.
Find mental health and support
- Contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Last reviewed: 2 Jan 2024
- Last updated: 2 Jan 2024