Bushfire support for primary producers

Keep up to date on the current bushfire warnings.

Access financial support

Primary producers in eligible local government areas may be able to access:

If you have suffered significant damage from a bushfire but you aren't in the activation area, you can apply for the individual disaster stricken property (IDSP) declaration.

Report damage to your farm

Report any damages or losses to your farm through the disaster impact survey.

These reports help determine if additional assistance is needed to support you during recovery.

You need to include date-stamped photos, which most mobile phone cameras do automatically.

Maintain livestock nutrition

Livestock owners have a duty of care to provide adequate nutrition and clean drinking water to their stock.

If your pasture can't supply the required nutrition, cattle will need to be supplemented or agisted.

Read more about:

Watch out for fire ants

If you are sourcing organic material from within the fire ant biosecurity zones, make sure it's fire ant-free.

Check that it has been produced and stored using fire ant-safe practices.

Fire ants like to nest in organic materials such as hay, fodder, mulch, manure and potted plants.

Learn more about the steps you must follow when moving organic materials that can carry fire ants to a new site.

More information

You can also access:

Contact us for more information.