Support programs and tools for agribusiness
Agriculture industries in Queensland face unique opportunities and challenges. We work in partnership with industry and stakeholders across the supply chain to identify and develop new opportunities. We also support developments and investments that have the potential to grow industries and regional economies.
We have also provided information and links below to business and industry support programs and tools. Your local Natural Resource Management (NRM) group and local council may also provide additional support tools and information.
Calculators and support tools
Broadacre and horticultural crop farmers in Queensland can assess production costs and inform farm management decisions using the AgMargins™ web-based gross-margin calculator and reporting tool.
Agricultural business tools—overview
You can access our wide range of interactive agricultural business tools and software to assist you in budgeting, managing risks, assessing and monitoring grazing land and soil, managing herds and projecting climate and rainfall.
Sheep and cattle farmers can calculate daily nutritional requirements, reduce supplement costs and achieve livestock targets using GrazFeed.
Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) calculators
Red meat producers can assess production costs, animal health, feed, pasture and climate impact using MLA's online tools and calculators to assist in making business decisions.
Property identification codes
Livestock owners can use property identification codes to assess and meet biosecurity requirements for tracing the movement of animals throughout Australia to manage disease outbreaks and contamination incidents.
Support services and commercialisation opportunities—overview
Access our support services for your agricultural business including industry development, trends and investment opportunities, research, drought relief, initiatives that support women, and farm assistance programs.
Self assessment of transfer duty
Mapping and map builds
Find mapping tools, searches and services to help you begin investigating the suitability of a site, proposal or investment.
Drought and disaster recovery loans, grants and assistance
As a primary producer, you may be eligible for drought and disaster assistance from the Queensland Government, Australian Government or other providers.
FarmHub hardship assistance and advice
As a farmer, you can find information about hardship assistance, such as support for mental health and drought and rural support.
Agribusiness project facilitation
The One-stop service includes an agribusiness project facilitation to assist you through the various stages of an agricultural project which may include referrals to other agencies or linking you with investment or funding options, or other government services.
Business tools and information
- Find fees for environment and science services, including environmental licences, permits, resource use and spatial data fees.
- Search for government licences, permits, approvals, codes of practice, standards and guidelines to help you meet your compliance responsibilities via the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS).
- Help to manage and pay your employees using the Fair Work Ombudsman's online tutorials, templates, pay tools and information.
- Read about running your business in Queensland including information covering finances, marketing, sales, employing people and customer service.
- Learn about starting your business in Queensland including planning, costs, legal structures, licensing and managing risk.
- Find available support for your business including assistance, online services, events, webinars and workshops.
- Learn about your tax and super responsibilities for starting a business from the Australian Taxation Office.
- Last reviewed: 27 Nov 2019
- Last updated: 15 May 2020
I want to...
Complete our quick questionnaire to help us provide referrals tailored to your needs.
General enquiries 13 25 23