Support for your agriculture business
Agriculture industries in Queensland face unique opportunities and challenges.
Contact your industry association to find out how they can help you to run your business.
Expanding your business
- Read about the services and support available to develop or expand your business.
- Find out about farm business assistance programs available through the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA).
- The Rural Research and Development Corporations Network helps you to extend your primary production, to become more productive, profitable and sustainable.
- Develop supply chain innovation for your horticultural business.
- Find out about biofutures opportunities such as industrial biotechnology and bioproducts.
Business continuity and risk assessment
- Make sure you're aware of the biosecurity requirements.
- The Agribusiness Continuity Planning eHub helps you to plan for pandemic and weather-related disruptions.
- ARM Online is a collection of online risk management tools.
Tools and calculators
- GrazFeed helps sheep and cattle farmers to calculate daily nutritional requirements, reduce supplement costs and achieve livestock targets
- Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) calculators help red meat producers to assess production costs, animal health, and climate impact
- Breedcow and Dynama software helps with herd management and evaluation of beef business
- Stocktake Plus allows you to monitor land condition, stock numbers and rainfall, and make appropriate grazing decisions.
Environment and sustainability
- Domestic marketing, building and sustaining demand
- Market cattle for maximum returns
- Attend the Beef Australia 2024 Expo
- Key farm statistics on cows and farms around Australia
- Marketing campaigns and strategies for the wool industry
- Compare the food distribution channels from producer to consumer
Wellbeing and support
- Advice and contacts for business owners
- Mental health and wellbeing resources for business owners
- Rural and remote mental health support
- Support for women working in Queensland's rural industries
Running a business
- Starting your business in Queensland including planning, costs, legal structures, licensing and managing risk.
- Running your business in Queensland including finances, marketing, sales, employing people and customer service.
- Your tax and super responsibilities for starting a business from the Australian Taxation Office.
- Manage and pay your employees using the Fair Work Ombudsman's online tutorials, templates, pay tools and information.
- Fees for environment and science services including environmental licences, permits, resource use and spatial data fees.
- Search for government licences, permits, approvals, codes of practice, standards and guidelines to help you meet your compliance responsibilities through the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS).
- Last reviewed: 21 Sep 2022
- Last updated: 21 Sep 2022