Coronavirus (COVID-19) survey: Tell us what information you need to help your business recover from COVID-19 impacts.
Supply transport and infrastructure services to Queensland Government
You can apply for opportunities to supply to, or work on, Queensland Government transport and infrastructure services projects.
Work is managed through a tender process and various construction and maintenance contract arrangements with the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR).
Register as a supplier
You can register as a supplier for tender opportunities for some transport and infrastructure services projects on:
Prequalify for opportunities
Tenders are generally called for construction projects. In general, tenders will only be considered for major works using the Transport Infrastructure Contract (TIC) document if the tenderer is currently prequalified. The prequalification level of the tenderer must be equal to or greater than the advertised requalification level for the works.
If your business has experience in building civil type infrastructure, you may be eligible for prequalification with TMR by following the framework in the Transport Infrastructure Project Delivery System (TIPDS), Volume 3A.
To become a specialised registered supplier for certain products related to infrastructure type works, follow the framework in the TIPDS, Volume 3B.
Find supply opportunities
TMR provides a forward program of works indicator for when projects are proposed to be advertised across Queensland. This information is provided based on projects valued at $1 million and above to be procured over the next 12 months. The report is updated quarterly for infrastructure contracts.
How tenders are awarded
Business is awarded using the:
- Queensland transport and roads investment program (QTRIP) which sets out capital works and maintenance proposals
- Transport Infrastructure Project Delivery System (TIPDS) which determines the delivery options for major works and projects.
QTenders lists business awarded by the department for:
- awarded contracts and standing offer arrangements of $10,000 and over
- additional details of contracts and standing offer arrangements of $10 million and over.
- Find out more about TMR tenders and contracts.
- Last reviewed: 18 Jul 2019
- Last updated: 11 Sep 2019