Meeting your legal obligations

You must understand your legal obligations when you start or run a business. If you do not meet your obligations under the law your business can experience serious problems.

For this reason, it's important to seek legal advice from your solicitor and other specialist advisers before you start your business.

Many of the legal obligations your business must meet can actually be beneficial to your business. For example, accurate record-keeping is a requirement under taxation laws – and it also helps you to minimise losses and manage your cash flow.

This guide explains the legal obligations you must meet when starting a business in Queensland.