Electrical safety engagement programs
Compliance support to new electrical contractors
If you are a new electrical contractor licence holder you will be invited to meet with electrical safety inspectors to discuss your electrical safety duties.
The sessions with the inspectors will focus on:
- improving your working knowledge of how electrical safety is regulated
- helping you understand electrical safety legislation and the codes of practice
- managing risk
- developing a safety management system and teaching you about its importance.
Electrical contractor workshops
There are statewide electrical safety workshops for electrical contractors who are interested in learning more about safety and their duties under the law. The workshops run for 2 hours at a number of locations throughout Queensland. They provide a small group of electrical contractors (a maximum of 8 participants per workshop) with the opportunity to:
- find out how electrical safety is regulated in Queensland
- learn about electrical safety legislation and the codes of practice
- gain an understanding of risk management and the importance of developing a safety management system
- learn what resources are available to assist them with safety
- meet electrical safety inspectors
- ask questions about electrical safety and raise any electrical safety issues that are affecting their business.
For further information email email@example.com.