Developing a recovery plan
A recovery plan will help you respond effectively if an incident or crisis affects your business. It aims to shorten your recovery time and minimise losses.
Your recovery plan contains information relating to planning for recovery as well as the resumption of critical business activities after a crisis has occurred. It also outlines the time frame in which you can realistically expect to resume usual business operations.
Developing a recovery plan gives you a chance to consider how you will get your business back on track if you do experience a crisis. It should include:
- strategies to recover your business activities in the quickest possible time
- a description of key resources, equipment and staff required to recover your operations
- your recovery time objectives
- a checklist you can use after a crisis has passed and it is safe to return to your premises.
This guide explains how to develop and implement a recovery plan for your business.
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth - Brisbane 21/06/2018
- Growing Queensland's Companies Program - Growth Clinic 21/06/2018