Emergency alerts and contacts
The following list contains important contact information for your business to use before, during and after a natural disaster.
Police, fire and ambulance
For life or property threatening events, phone TRIPLE ZERO (000).
If you have a speech or hearing impairment, phone ONE ZERO SIX (106) through your TTY.
Details of any current alerts for Queensland are available on Queensland's Disaster Management Services website.
Get Ready Queensland
Find out more about what to do in a natural disaster.
Dangerous weather warnings
Visit the Bureau of Meteorology website for warnings about dangerous weather.
Alternatively, visit the telephone weather services directory for Queensland.
Tune in to your local ABC or commercial radio station for warnings and advice:
Dangerous situations and downed power lines:
- South East Queensland residents, phone Energex on 13 19 62
- all other Queensland residents, phone Ergon Energy on 13 16 70.
Loss of supply:
- South East Queensland residents, phone Energex on 13 62 62
- all other Queensland residents, phone Ergon Energy on 13 22 96.
Road conditions and closures
For statewide details, check the Traffic and travel information, or phone 13 19 40 for statewide road conditions.
Health and hospital information
Visit the Queensland Health website or phone 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84).
Phone TRIPLE ZERO (000) to report a fire.
Visit the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services website for alerts and information about bushfires.
For cyclone warnings, visit the Bureau of Meteorology website.
Visit the Bureau of Meteorology tsunami warnings website.
- listen to your local radio and television announcements
- phone 1300 TSUNAMI (1300 878 6264).
Floods and storms
Phone the State Emergency Service (SES) on 13 25 00 to report:
- a damaged roof
- rising flood water
- fallen trees on buildings
- storm damage.
- Last reviewed: 03 Jun 2016
- Last updated: 03 Jun 2016