State legislation regarding private employment agents, trading hours, public holidays and child employment continues to apply to all businesses and employees in Queensland.
In Queensland the Holidays Act 1983 provides for the appointment of public holidays, show holidays and special holidays.
View a list of Queensland public holidays.
Show holidays and special holidays
In areas throughout Queensland annual agricultural, horticultural or industrial show days are considered public holidays.
Special events or commemorative days in certain areas throughout Queensland are considered special holidays. These days are known as 'bank' holidays and are not public holidays.
- Find out about trading hours of retail shops in Queensland.
- Last reviewed: 16 Jul 2019
- Last updated: 31 Jan 2019
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/04/2021
- Payroll tax: Contractor provisions 29/04/2021