Getting started on optimising your website
Given the increasing popularity of smartphones and tablets, all businesses should make sure their website functions well on a mobile device.
Think carefully about how you want customers who use mobile devices to experience your website. This will form the basis of a brief for a web developer or web manager to help optimise your website.
If you use an open source content management system (CMS), you may be able to use a free plugin to make your website mobile ready. These plugins can automatically put the code into your site so that:
- the full website appears on a computer or laptop
- a simpler version appears on mobile devices.
If your website has been custom-built for you then you may need to use a web developer to optimise your website for mobile devices.
- The Mobile Web Best Practices developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) include comprehensive guidelines for developing websites that work well on mobile devices.
- Watch a recorded webinar to learn about maximising your website potential.
- Find out how to create a digital strategy for your business.