Pastoral Workers' Accommodation Act
The Pastoral Workers’ Accommodation Act 1980 (PDF, 323KB) ensures a minimum standard of accommodation for workers engaged in pastoral work is provided and maintained.
Pastoral work includes work in connection with any of the following:
- the management, rearing or grazing of horses, cattle or sheep on premises other than dairy farms
- the shearing or crutching of sheep
- the scouring, sorting or pressing of wool
- work declared under a regulation to be pastoral work.
Further information on the Act can be found on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS).
- Last reviewed: 20 Jul 2017
- Last updated: 04 May 2016