The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Pastoral Workers' Accommodation Act
The Pastoral Workers' Accommodation Act 1980 ensures a minimum standard of accommodation for workers engaged in pastoral work is provided and maintained.
Pastoral work includes work in connection with any of the following:
- the management, rearing or grazing of horses, cattle or sheep on premises other than dairy farms
- the shearing or crutching of sheep
- the scouring, sorting or pressing of wool
- work declared under a regulation to be pastoral work.
- Last reviewed: 16 Jul 2019
- Last updated: 4 May 2016