Employee rights, awards and entitlements
Find information about employer obligations and employee rights in Queensland businesses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Employee entitlements
- The Fair Work Commission had varied 99 awards to provide employees with 2 weeks unpaid pandemic leave and the ability to take annual leave at half pay if their employer agrees.
- From the 5 June 2020, Queensland workers (including casual workers) may be eligible for a Hardship payment of $1,500 if they contract COVID-19 outside their workplace.
- Last reviewed: 29 May 2020
- Last updated: 23 Jun 2020
I want to...
- The impact of Indigenous Procurement - Panel discussion 14/07/2020
- Payroll tax annual return 2020 15/07/2020
Find support if your business has been affected by the impacts of coronavirus.
If your small business supplies goods and services to Queensland Government, find out how you can benefit from the On-time Payment Policy.
Find out how to request a reassessment in OSRconnect.
Access information about financial support and what to do after a natural disaster
Find out how your business can manage the risks associated with a pandemic.