Employee rights, awards and entitlements
Find information about employer obligations and employee rights in Queensland businesses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Employee entitlements
- The Fair Work Commission had varied 99 awards to provide employees with 2 weeks unpaid pandemic leave and the ability to take annual leave at half pay if their employer agrees.
- From the 5 June 2020, Queensland workers (including casual workers) may be eligible for a Hardship payment of $1,500 if they contract COVID-19 outside their workplace.
- Pandemic risk management for business
- Business health and safety resources for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Keeping your workplace safe
- Mental health and wellbeing resources for businesses
- Incident reporting to Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ)
- Work health and safety licences in Queensland
- Last reviewed: 29 May 2020
- Last updated: 23 Jun 2020
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 25/11/2020
- Payroll tax: Grouping provisions 26/11/2020
If your small business supplies goods and services to Queensland Government, find out how you can benefit from the On-time Payment Policy.
Find out how your business can manage the risks associated with a pandemic.
Access information about financial support and what to do after a natural disaster.
Make sure your business is prepared, so you can minimise losses, maintain business continuity and recover quickly.
Grants of up to $10,000 are still available to businesses across North Queensland to support long-term recovery from the 2019 floods.