Improving customer service
Customer service is about giving customers what they want, when they want it, in the best possible way. If your business provides good customer service, you have a greater chance of keeping and increasing your customer base.
Research indicates that it costs up to 10 times as much to attract a new customer as it does to keep an existing customer.
Good customer service can help your business grow by increasing:
- customer numbers through favourable word-of-mouth advertising
- the dollar amount spent per customer per transaction
- the frequency of customer visits.
You can establish a culture of excellent customer service in your business by planning, developing and sustaining a customer service program. Train your staff to give your customers the highest level of service.
This guide will help you to understand and practise good customer service.
I want to...
- Innovate Queensland GRID: So You Wantu Start a Start-up? 12/12/2017
- Queensland Small Business Week 2018 28/05/2018