Support and resources for personalised transport drivers

Licences and authorisations for driving

Information about the qualifications and checks you need to complete to become a personalised transport driver in Queensland is available from the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR).

TMR also provides information on the regulatory requirements for the industry and any upcoming regulatory changes.

For more information about the requirements for providing a personalised transport service, you can:

Disputes about my working conditions

If a dispute arises between you and an operator about working conditions, you should meet and attempt to resolve the dispute. In the first instance, you should refer to your agreement which may provide guidance in relation to dispute resolution or, if represented, the Transport Worker's Union (TWU) may provide advice.

If, after you and the operator have met to attempt to resolve the dispute and the dispute is not resolved, you may be able to access mediation services through the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT).

For minor civil disputes or minor debt disputes, a mediator can assist you to discuss your differences and find a solution that suits everyone.

Find out more about how QCAT works and its processes, or phone QCAT on 1300 753 228.

You may wish to consider independent legal advice if you have a dispute about your pay or other working conditions. The Queensland Law Society may be able to refer you to a private lawyer or other services which may be able to help.

Help deciding if you're self-employed

The Fair Work Ombudsman is an independent statutory agency that provides information about Australia's workplace relations system as well as help resolving workplace issues.

Visit the Fair Work Ombudsman for more information or phone 13 13 94.

You can also:

The following legislation may be helpful when determining your work arrangements: