The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Queensland water modelling
The Queensland Government publishes water quality models and guidelines to help businesses use best practice when tendering, seeking planning approval or managing water resources in Queensland.
These resources were developed in collaboration with universities, scientific providers and scientific consultants to improve the use and integration of hydrology, groundwater and water quality models in Queensland.
Best practice water modelling guidelines
The modelling guidelines developed by the Queensland Water Modelling Network (QWMN) include:
- best practice recommendations
- useful checklists.
You can use these guidelines when developing new and existing water models, to capture essential information about end-user expectations (e.g. to meet Queensland Government requirements) and produce modelling outputs and proposals consistent with industry best practice.
Water model catalogue
The water model catalogue developed by QWMN:
- identifies 18 major water models being used by Queensland Government
- reviews characteristics, strengths and weaknesses for each model
- suggests opportunities to use models to support policy, planning and risk assessment programs.
The water models have a wide range of uses including:
- land-holder decision making
- agricultural systems assessments
- water planning decision making
- framing catchment and groundwater policy making and reporting
- receiving waters and coastal water quality reporting.
Learn more about the QWMN water model catalogue (PDF, 2.3MB).
Water modelling community of practice
You can join a community of practice run by the QWMN to:
- seek assistance with developing and applying models
- stay up to date on developments in the water modelling field.
Email email@example.com for more information.
Also consider …
- Read about the HowLeaky agricultural systems model.
- Find out how to request hydrologic models and surface water data.
- Learn more about requesting Brisbane River Catchment Flood Study models and reports.
- Last reviewed: 3 Oct 2018
- Last updated: 3 Oct 2018