Managing water demand
Water service providers use water efficiency plans to help businesses identify and monitor ways of reducing water use.
Water efficiency management plans
A water efficiency management plan (WEMP) can help you understand your water consumption and find and implement measures to improve water efficiency.
Read the Guidelines for preparing a water efficiency management plan (PDF, 282KB) for assistance with completing a WEMP.
The guidelines provide information about preparing a WEMP, including who should complete a plan, details required and the processes to follow.
Councils and water service providers may also develop system leakage, water efficiency and drought management plans. These plans help guide actions to reduce the impacts of and prepare for drought or low water availability.
- Read more about water sources in Queensland.
- Learn more about how you can reduce your water demand in your business.
- Find out about water restrictions.
- Read about Seqwater's Water for life: South East Queensland's water security program.
- Last reviewed: 17 Apr 2018
- Last updated: 17 Apr 2018