Safety alerts, instructions and bulletins for petroleum and gas
The Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate publishes safety alerts, instructions and bulletins to raise awareness of potential high-risk hazards and to provide instruction on legislative requirements.
- Petroleum and gas safety alerts are issued following serious health and safety incidents to help identify learnings and provide recommendations to industry.
- Petroleum and gas safety instructions are issued by the Chief Inspector under section 708B of the Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act 2004 and must be complied with for 6 months from the date they are issued.
- Petroleum and gas safety information bulletins provide more extensive information about important safety and health issues in the industry.
Search alerts, instructions and bulletins
- Read about news and updates from the Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate via newsletters, chief inspector updates and service delivery snapshots.
- Last reviewed: 16 Nov 2018
- Last updated: 16 Nov 2018
I want to...
- Phone 000 for emergencies
- Notify prescribed incidents
- Contact the Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate