Security deposits for resource authorities

As a resource authority holder, you may be required to pay a security deposit. This will be used as surety against the cost of rectifying any damage you may cause and to cover unpaid royalty, rent, penalties or liabilities.

Making your security payment

You can pay resource authority security by cash, cheque, credit card (MasterCard and Visa only), money order, electronic funds transfer or by bank guarantee.

In person

Make your payment at any Mines assessment office.

Electronic funds transfer

Transfer funds to:

Account name: Department of Resources
Commonwealth Bank BSB: 064-013
Account no.: 1004 1702

Notify us of the payment by emailing

Reference that the payment is for security and provide the relevant resource authority number, e.g. EPM/ML/MC/ATP/PL12345 security.


Send your cheque or credit card authorisation form (PDF, 81KB) to the relevant Mines Assessment Hub.

Make cheques out to the 'Department of Resources', and include the wording 'security deposit' and the resource authority ID on the back of the cheque. Do not send cash through the mail.


Phone the relevant Mines Assessment Hub and have your credit card details handy.

Bank guarantee

Lodgement by form of a bank guarantee must meet certain criteria. Complete the appropriate bank guarantee and ensure it's signed by an appropriate financial institution and lodge it with the relevant Mines Assessment Hub.